This post is also available in: Romanian
Our main objectives are:
- provide help and social services to disadvantaged people and groups (orphans, widows, disabled, old people, unemployed, poor, drug addicts etc.);
- initiate and support organisations that provide social work training programs (schools, colleges etc.);
- initiate and support organizations that provide social services (hospitals, clinics, orphanages, almshouses, nursery schools, societies, camps etc. );
- foster, educate and promote the artistic, cultural, business and scientific skills, as well as the achievements of certain individuals and groups;
- initiate, develop and support cultural activities;
- initiate and support cultural organizations;
- work with individuals, with social, cultural and religious groups and organizations, both national and international, with a view to fulfilling the mission and the objectives of the foundation.
In accordance with our mission, our vision, our call, our purpose, our main objectives – our involvement and activities have 5 major directions:
- Helping people in need – Occasional and organized missions to help the underprivileged communities from Romania: Gypsy, poor people, orphans, the elderly, disabled children, etc.
- Serving communities – Involvement together with other institutions, groups of people, churches and local communities in view to developing some specific occasional or long-lasting activities in the social, cultural and community domain.
- Encouraging volunteering – Organizing some working activities throughout which we would like to encourage the Romanian citizens and foreigners to volunteer in specific projects in Charis centre, churches, social, cultural and community institutions.
- Offering training – We would like to thoroughly equip people for every good work, from a Christian perspective. This goal focuses on educational (vocational) courses and theological training offered to those who wish to serve the community, but do not have the opportunity to study in a Bible School.
- Enjoying God’s creation – Transforming Charis Centre into a God’s Garden where people of all ages can enjoy God’s creation (nature, parks, trees, flowers, fruits, vegetables, animals) and the facilities we offer (30 places for accommodation, a multifunctional hall, a kitchen, a children’s playground, sport fields and sport facilities- football, volleyball, basketball, table tennis, badminton).