This post is also available in: Romanian
I have seen that there are people, groups and communities around us living with no hope or help. In the light of this reality, we would like to help them all. Being driven by what Mother Theresa said (“God made the world rich enough to feed and clothe every human being”), we are sometimes under the impression that we could actually help them and give hope to all those in need. The reality though is that we are just a speck in this world and that our actions are limited by resources and in accordance to the place given by God to serve for a while.
With God’s blessing, we have entered the third cycle in our activity which will develop over 7 years (2015-2021). The aim of these years is to be “OPEN HANDS FOR THE HOPELESS”. As much as we would like to help all the hopeless people, we have to admit that we cannot do it. However, there are things we can do for some of those people. Like Mother Theresa once said “we ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop”.
We invite you to join us by supporting Charis Programs for the people in need. You can find out more about our programs HERE.
Every little help from you is a drop of blessing that we can offer to someone. Jesus Christ said in Mathew 10:42:
“And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”
We invite you to join us in this ministry!
— Daniel Ciupe
Charis Project Updates
We continue to serve in Nehemiah Church from Tileagd and in the gypsy community surrounding this church. We preached, visited the community, and talked to some of the members. We also took part in some occasional events (an evangelism service and a funeral).
We have recently started to work in the farm: we cleaned the fruit trees, we planted 22 trees and planted vegetables in the greenhouse.
A CHANCE FOR EVERYONE
We continued to restore Daniel’s house. We managed to change the windows and a door and we started to modernize the kitchen.
CHARIS RETREAT CENTER
We started to work on building some toilets for the conference hall. So far, we have made the water supply network and the drainage system.
This program is run in partnership with Hope Baptist Church in order to implement and coordinate the small group ministry. Each week, we take care of the training for the leaders and the bible study for the small groups. In this period we are studying the book of Joshua.
- Ema, our project manager, will have the civil ceremony in April with Kevin. Pray for them to have a blessed new beginning in the road that lies ahead.
- This spring we have a lot of work to do in Charis Centre and we need financial, material and human resources in order to accomplish the goals we have set. Pray that God may help us in this respect.
- In the small gypsy community Nehemiah from Tileagd, there are other 5 people that want to confess Christ as their Lord and Saviour by getting baptised. Pray that God may strengthen their decision.
- Last year we insulated the Charis Center building foundation with polyester. In order to prevent the polyester from being damaged this year, we need to cover it with natural
rock plates. For this, we need 1,800€.
- The staircase going to the attic has been covered with a material that has worn out in the recent years. Now the rain water infiltrates and affects the toilets for the multifunctional room. We need to re-cover this roof. In order to do so, we need 1,200€.
If you would like to help, please consider donation HERE.
Leave a Reply